Ongoing FLPG Activities
• Holding monthly meetings to plan work projects and educational programs.
• Partnering with the Nature Conservancy, Southampton Town, Suffolk County, and other groups to rehabilitate disturbed areas.
• Identifying parcels for preservation and encourage their purchase through established open space programs.
• Working with Southampton Town Code Enforcement Officer, Suffolk County Park Rangers and Town Bay Constables to increase enforcement of motorized vehicle prohibition, illegal dumping, and illegal hunting.
• Organizing LPG clean-ups and participating in the annual Great East End Cleanup held each spring to honor Earth Day.
• Distributing monthly newsletter, with meeting notes and feature articles on nature and Greenbelt history.
• Sponsoring an annual Greenbelt Celebration Day with informative exhibits by related organizations and guided walks in the Greenbelt